Great Boughton Parish Council sets its precept for 2019/20
Great Boughton Parish Council, like all other town and parish councils at this time of year, has met and agreed the level of local tax that it will request from Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council.
Great Boughton parish includes Vicars Cross, part of Caldy Valley and Boughton Heath and has a population of over 8300. The council works with other agencies to improve the environment and represent local residents and has had a busy year:
- Last summer, a new playground at Thackeray Drive in Vicars Cross was opened, partly funded by WREN and the National Lottery.
- A public defibrillator was installed at Green Lane shops in Vicars Cross, partly funded by the Centurion Community Pub
- A public defibrillator has been donated and installed in the Premier Inn on Caldy Valley Road
- The annual carol singalong took place at Old Laundry Corner, with hot drinks provided by the parish council
- The council has reported over 100 issues raised by local residents, including litter, parking, speeding and overgrown trees and bushes
- Vicars Cross Community Centre is now used as a community police hub where local residents can meet their local Police Community Support Officers.
- New swings have been installed at Vaughans Lane and Caldy Valley play areas.
At the council meeting on 21st January, the council agreed that in order to be able to continue to provide even better services to the community, the annual precept needed would be £72,000 which represents an increase of £2.40 per year for a Band D property in the area.
Parish Council Chairman, Cllr Peter Bulmer said “the parish council have been pleased with the level of services that we’ve been able to offer this year and in order to maintain and develop further, it was felt that a monthly 20p rise in the precept would be a reasonable way forward”.
For information about Great Boughton Parish Council, contact the Clerk to the Parish Council on 01244 637277 or email@example.com
Assets register – please see our current asset register here
Please see our current financial regulations here.
Minutes & Agenda of Finance Sub-Group