Welcome to the new website. We are always interested in your views via phone, email or letter!
- North Ward (Vicars Cross) parish councillor – see more details here
- Part-time Centre Manager, Vicars Cross Community Centre – see more details here. Job Specification here. You can access a copy of the application form from here
- Completed application forms (no CVs necessary) should be emailed to the clerk (firstname.lastname@example.org) or a paper copy posted to 63 Canadian Avenue, Hoole, Chester. CH2 3HQ.
The parish council are responsible for the allotment colony at the top of Pearl Lane Vicars Cross. From time to time, we do have half plots becoming available so if you are interested in putting your name on the waiting list, please do send full contact details to the clerk.
Please bear with us whilst we transfer over to this new website. It may take some time to upload all documents but this will be accomplished as soon as possible.
The setting up and hosting of this website was undertaken with the assistance of Co-Socius. Any costs incurred are paid for by the residents of Great Boughton Parish through the rate precept. Updating of the website is by the Parish Clerk and a small group of unpaid volunteers. If you have IT expertise and are willing to help then please contact the Parish Clerk.
We aim to:
- keep residents informed about the plans and actions of the elected Great Boughton Parish Council (GBPC)
- Provide up to date and accurate information about the Parish, its history, proposed development plus the activities of clubs, societies and voluntary groups active within the parish.
- Provide opportunities for active participation in local issues for all residents by a discussion and consultation forum.
The website includes all the materials relating to GBPC as recommended by the Information Commissioner plus general community information. If you believe that some information is missing then please contact the Parish Clerk through the secure contacts link with your suggestions. Wherever possible we will put the materials on the website.
GBPC aims to be as be as transparent and informative as it can possibly be in the interests of open democracy. The website includes all the materials relating to GBPC as recommended by the Information Commissioner plus general community information. Some information of a personal or confidential nature relating to employees or contracts under negotiation cannot always be placed on the website. If you believe that some information is missing then please contact the Parish Clerk through the secure contacts link with your suggestions. Wherever possible we will put the materials on the website. If you wish to make a Freedom of Information Request (FOI) because the information is not published on the website, then please do so using the online form available on the website or by writing to the clerk. It is possible that charges may apply where documents have to be photocopied.