Welcome to the Great Boughton Parish Council website.
Can you spare an hour?
JOIN THE GREAT BRITISH SPRING CLEAN!
Litter pick with Great Boughton Parish Council on
Saturday 11th May between 11 – 12 noon.
Meet at Strawberry Fields, Caldy Valley Road CH3 5QZ.
Bags, gloves and grabbers provided
Just come along or ring the Clerk to the Parish Council on 07709512348 for more information.
Parish Council Annual Report
Each year, the parish council holds an Annual Parish Meeting and presents its Annual Report to the community. This year, the meeting was held on Monday 15th April and a local residents were able to see displays of the work that the council has carried out over the last year. You can see the Annual Report here and you can contact the Clerk if you would like a paper copy.
Local council elections – results
The results of the Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council elections are as follows:
|BOARD, Keith William Edward||Conservative||1,394||18.95%||Yes|
|DODMAN, Charles William Henry||UKIP||329||4.47%||No|
|DUNFORD, Matthew Simon||Liberal Democrats||333||4.53%||No|
|ROLLO, Nala||Liberal Democrats||380||5.17%||No|
|WADE, Ian John Francis||Green||327||4.45%||No|
|WORGER, Sandra Patricia||Labour||1,239||16.84%||No|
Election date: May 2, 2019
The following candidates have been elected
- BOARD, Keith William Edward (Conservative)
- COLLINGS, Steve (Labour)
Great Boughton In Bloom Garden Competition 2019
If you live in the parish and have a garden to be proud of, we would love to hear from you. You can also nominate your neighbour or a friend if you think their garden is a special one.
Awards available this year are gold, silver and bronze.
- The closing date for entries is 12 noon 31st July 2019
No matter how big or small your outdoor space is, we have a got a category to suit you. You can only enter one category, so please choose carefully from the following categories ( Awards for Boughton Heath and Vicars Cross) :
- Best ornamental garden– Low maintenance without a lawn, but contains slate, stone or decking with occasional plants, pots or even a water feature
- Best large traditional Spring garden– High maintenance garden, which includes lawns and flowerbeds
- Best small traditional Spring garden – High maintenance garden, which includes lawns and flowerbeds
- Best large traditional Summer garden– High maintenance garden, which includes lawns and flowerbeds
- Best small traditional Summer garden – High maintenance garden, which includes lawns and flowerbeds
How to enter
Send your photos with your name and address and the address of the garden you are nominating to email@example.com
Ring the Clerk on 01244 637277 and ask for someone to take a photo of the garden you are nominating.
Terms and Conditions
- All work must be your own – photographs submitted will be verified by a parish councillor on a walk past visit.
- You can only nominate someone if you have gained their approval.
- Only front gardens are eligible – this competition is aimed at enhancing the public environment in the parish
- No artificial flowers or grass
- The judge’s decision will be final.
- All entries must be received before 12 noon on Wed 31st July 2019. Any entries received after this date will not be entered into the competition.
- A list of winners can be obtained by contacting Great Boughton Parish Council after 1st October 2019
Clerk to the Parish Council
Phone or text Kath Lloyd on 01244 637277 or 07709512348
Write to Clerk to the Parish Council, Vicars Cross Community Centre, Thackeray Drive, Vicars Cross, Chester CH3 5LP
The website includes all the materials relating to Great Boughton Parish Council as required by the Local Government Transparency Code 2015 plus general community information. If you believe that some information is missing then please contact the Clerk with your suggestions. Wherever possible we will put the materials on the website.
You can find out more about the Transparency Code 2015 here