Welcome to the Great Boughton Parish Council website.
IF YOU CARE ABOUT WHERE YOU LIVE AND ARE PASSIONATE
ABOUT YOUR COMMUNITY, WE NEED YOU!
JOIN US AND MAKE A LOCAL CHANGE
For more information, take a look at our page on Local Elections 2019
Great Boughton Parish Council sets its precept for 2019/20
Great Boughton Parish Council, like all other town and parish councils at this time of year, has met and agreed the level of local tax that it will request from Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council.
Great Boughton parish includes Vicars Cross, part of Caldy Valley and Boughton Heath and has a population of over 8300. The council works with other agencies to improve the environment and represent local residents and has had a busy year:
- Last summer, a new playground at Thackeray Drive in Vicars Cross was opened, partly funded by WREN and the National Lottery.
- A public defibrillator was installed at Green Lane shops in Vicars Cross, partly funded by the Centurion Community Pub
- A public defibrillator has been donated and installed in the Premier Inn on Caldy Valley Road
- The annual carol singalong took place at Old Laundry Corner, with hot drinks provided by the parish council
- The council has reported over 100 issues raised by local residents, including litter, parking, speeding and overgrown trees and bushes
- Vicars Cross Community Centre is now used as a community police hub where local residents can meet their local Police Community Support Officers.
- New swings have been installed at Vaughans Lane and Caldy Valley play areas.
At the council meeting on 21st January, the council agreed that in order to be able to continue to provide even better services to the community, the annual precept needed would be £72,000 which represents an increase of £2.40 per year for a Band D property in the area.
Parish Council Chairman, Cllr Peter Bulmer said “the parish council have been pleased with the level of services that we’ve been able to offer this year and in order to maintain and develop further, it was felt that a monthly 20p rise in the precept would be a reasonable way forward”.
For information about Great Boughton Parish Council, contact the Clerk to the Parish Council on 01244 637277 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Boughton In Bloom Garden Competition 2019
If you live in the parish and have a garden to be proud of, we would love to hear from you. You can also nominate your neighbour or a friend if you think their garden is a special one.
Awards available this year are gold, silver and bronze.
- The closing date for entries is 12 noon 31st July 2019
No matter how big or small your outdoor space is, we have a got a category to suit you. You can only enter one category, so please choose carefully from the following categories ( Awards for Boughton Heath and Vicars Cross) :
- Best ornamental garden– Low maintenance without a lawn, but contains slate, stone or decking with occasional plants, pots or even a water feature
- Best large traditional Spring garden– High maintenance garden, which includes lawns and flowerbeds
- Best small traditional Spring garden – High maintenance garden, which includes lawns and flowerbeds
- Best large traditional Summer garden– High maintenance garden, which includes lawns and flowerbeds
- Best small traditional Summer garden – High maintenance garden, which includes lawns and flowerbeds
How to enter
Send your photos with your name and address and the address of the garden you are nominating to email@example.com
Ring the Clerk on 01244 637277 and ask for someone to take a photo of the garden you are nominating.
Terms and Conditions
- All work must be your own – photographs submitted will be verified by a parish councillor on a walk past visit.
- You can only nominate someone if you have gained their approval.
- Only front gardens are eligible – this competition is aimed at enhancing the public environment in the parish
- No artificial flowers or grass
- The judge’s decision will be final.
- All entries must be received before 12 noon on Wed 31st July 2019. Any entries received after this date will not be entered into the competition.
- A list of winners can be obtained by contacting Great Boughton Parish Council after 1st October 2019
Clerk to the Parish Council
Phone or text Kath Lloyd on 01244 637277 or 07709512348
Write to Clerk to the Parish Council, Vicars Cross Community Centre, Thackeray Drive, Vicars Cross, Chester CH3 5LP
The website includes all the materials relating to Great Boughton Parish Council as required by the Local Government Transparency Code 2015 plus general community information. If you believe that some information is missing then please contact the Clerk with your suggestions. Wherever possible we will put the materials on the website.
You can find out more about the Transparency Code 2015 here